We traveled to Kansas on the 23rd to spend Christmas with my family. This was the first year that Andrew really understood Christmas, and he had a great time. As we were opening presents on Christmas day, Andrew shouted "I am SO happy right now!". Santa brought him the trains he had been asking for, as well as Lightning McQueen's truck, and he has been playing with all of them for days.
While Brian had to go back to St. Louis to return to work, Andrew and I stayed and have been hanging out for the past week. We have been able to see his cousins Max and Erin every day we have been here, and he loves spending time with them. On Monday my mom and I took all 3 of them swimming at the indoor pool, and Andrew was in heaven. For a boy who sometimes hates taking a bath, he took to the swimming pool like a fish. It was almost a little scary for me because he had absolutely no fear about jumping in and trying to swim, but he still can't do it on his own. We'll have to get him in some swim lessons this spring so that he might be a little more ready for the pool this summer.
We will be heading back to St. Louis tomorrow, and it should be quite the event. Because Brian took the car back with him, Andrew and I will be taking the Amtrak train tomorrow. I cannot wait to experience this with Andrew, as I know he is going to absolutely love it. Hopefully I'll get a post up about that after the trip.
Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment