We are living in the midst of some hot weather here. I know it's been hot everywhere lately, but it just makes life so miserable. Today, the heat index was at 90 by 8 am. Andrew and I tend to not leave the house very much, and luckily we now have more room inside our house for Andrew to run around. I've even thought about bringing some of the smaller outside play toys we have into the basement for him to be able to use. What has been frustrating is that I don't really want to go out into the heat to run in the mornings, especially when I have Andrew with me in his jogging stroller. There are definitely more hills in our neighborhood here than where we lived in Ohio, and pushing him in the stroller is a new form of torture. But he does make runs a bit more interesting, with his constant talking and observations.
I've been trying to do some activities with Andrew this summer, and so far we have visited the Museum of Transportation, the St. Louis City Museum, and were able to go see Nick Jr's Storytime Live. Andrew loved all of the trains at the Museum of Transportation, and we are hopefully going back again next week. The City Museum was different. It's a very creative, fun place, but I think Andrew was a little too young for it. And the Storytime Live show was fun, although Andrew was a bit scared by it at first.
I start at my new job in less than 2 weeks, with 4 days of new staff orientation and then 3 days of professional development. School starts August 18th, so it will be here before we know it. I did find a daycare for Andrew that I think will be a good fit. Finding childcare is not easy, especially after how much we all liked his school back in Ohio. But I'm trusting my instinct that his new school will be a good fit.
No comments:
Post a Comment