Brian and I did a ton of work around the house this weekend, getting it ready to be put on the market. The realtor suggested moving a couple of pieces of furniture out of the house, so we decided to get a storage space for a few months until the house is under contract. Saturday involved renting a uHaul and then several trips to the storage space, moving furniture and many boxes. I like that I am able to get some things packed up a little ahead of time, but it made me realize how much stuff we have, and what a pain it is going to be to move. Andrew loved, loved, loved the uhaul truck, and thought it was so fun that his daddy was driving it.
Sunday involved a lot of touch up painting, more packing, general organizing, moving furniture, and cleaning the carpets. I also had to patch a couple of spots where the 'popcorn' ceiling had been damaged. I will just put it on the record that I HATE popcorn ceilings, and if anyone knows of a good way to repair it, PLEASE let me know.
Is the house ready? Not quite, but we're close. I feel like it will show well, as long as there aren't toys all over the place. But it is now officially on the market!
No comments:
Post a Comment