This morning has been a complete failure for me. Epic Fail.
I have been having neck problems for a few days, and turning my neck is quite painful. So when my alarm went off this morning, the last thing I wanted to do was turn my head to see what time it was. I hit snooze instead. 5 times. Brian comes in the room at 6:30 and asks me if I am getting up. I scurry to get ready, get Andrew up and we start his morning routine. This weekend I taught him how to move a chair and climb up to reach food in the pantry, since I couldn't pick him up because my neck hurt so badly. I knew it would come back to haunt me, and now he wants to do it ALL THE TIME. Sigh.
We leave the house 30 minutes late, and I took Andrew to daycare. For some reason he has not been wanting me to leave him at daycare for the past 2 weeks. There is a lot of clinging and crying that happens, and up until today I have been able to stay a while to get him to decling. Today I couldn't and had to literally tear him off me so I could leave. I hate those kinds of mornings. It makes me feel like I am failing as a mom. My kid wants to be with me, but I have chosen to work instead.
I get to work 30 minutes late, where I have to finish up quarter grade cards that are due this morning. Of course I have put them off, and I am scurrying to get things graded and put in the grade program.
It seems like every time I feel like I am getting my act together in some way, it soon becomes plainly obvious that I don't have it together in the slightest bit.
Grading myself today, I fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment