Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting Closer

I'm currently 32 weeks along in this pregnancy, and I have to say that things have been very different this time around than when I was pregnant with Andrew.  Aside from the nausea at the beginning, I have generally felt really good.  I've had a few days of swollen feet and ankles, but nothing like what I had with Andrew.  I know there is still time....What really strikes me as different is how much smaller I am with this baby.  She is definitely sitting much lower in my belly, and I can feel that in my hips from time to time.  Everyone remarks how little I am, and the other day someone said I only looked about 5 months pregnant.  For now, I'm going to attribute that to the fact that I'm chasing after the most active 3 year old in the world. Unfortunately, I can't stop until he does.

Andrew has been talking more and more about the baby, and likes to pat my belly and say "big bellist".  He has helped me get out some of his old toys and still wants to play with them. He's also been much more affectionate lately, and knows something is going on. But I've been told by several people that he will inform you he is having a baby brother. 

Getting prepared for a baby girl has been different. I'm not the most girly-girl, so I'm definitely not into all the frilly stuff. But for some reason it has been hard for me to accept that I CAN buy pink things, and have fun with it. Maybe once she is finally here I will get more carried away, but for now I feel like I've done a good job restraining myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment